Sunday, May 17, 2009

First Post!


This is my first post! I'm not really a blog person, but I decided to start this one primarily so my mom could read it while I'm gone since I know she'll want to know what I'm doing and I won't be able to call her too often. Honestly, I'm not that sure how often I'll write in it, but hopefully enough to be somewhat substantial. As you may gather from the title, I will be focusing my endeavors on desserts, despite the fact that I am an art historian and should be focusing on art. I am sure that some art will turn up here now and again, but I figure that I will spend enough time with art during the rest of my day I may as well focus on my second love--dessert--here!
so, here is a photo to whet your appetite: these are some lemon cupcakes that i made.


I'm not in Italy yet...but I'm leaving in ten days,
which is very soon and I have a lot to do to get ready! I'm trying very hard to pack light, which if you know me you understand is VERY hard. I just decided that I'm going to be there for seven weeks so its impossible to bring enough stuff anyway so I might as well pack light and save myself a little trouble. so, we'll see what happens. I've booked my hostel, but I still have to buy a train ticket to DC in order to catch my plane, which should not be a problem. I could just buy one the day of, but I like to play it safe. I'm also on a quest for a perfect pair of comfortable flat, non-sneakers, but its much harder than it seems so we will see what happens with that.

Alright, stay tuned for more updates.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any cow tipping in Italy?

    ReplyDelete