Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pre-Departure Birthday Celebration

One of the perks of studying art history is that we have an excuse to travel in order to do research and see art. Since many of my friends are traveling to various locations throughout the summer we decided to have an early birthday celebration for my friend Elizabeth whose actual birthday is in June. It was also a good chance to hang out with everyone before we all dispersed throughout the world for the next few weeks/months. This is not really about Italy, but I decided to post pictures of the cake I made since its tangentially related to my trip...sort of. My friend Elizabeth loves chocolate so I made a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate frosting. Our friend Mike is vegan so I also made coconut milk ice cream (I got an ice cream maker for my birthday). It was delicious if I may say so myself!

Here is the cake before I piped on the writing:


Here is Elizabeth blowing out the candles:


Here is a piece of the cake with the ice cream:



That's probably my last cake for the next week fews (seven to be exact) although I may try to make a coconut and chocolate ice cream cake for Memorial Day this weekend. One last hoorah!

3 comments:

  1. that looks so good. what incredible icing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It immediately reminded me of the cake that was recently posted on Smitten, but this one looks much prettier and tastier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so freakin' good. (says the other Elizabeth)

    ReplyDelete