Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shoes I don't want

Today, for perhaps the first time in my life, I bought a pair of shoes that I did NOT want to buy. I really like buying shoes and I own many pairs, but today I purchased a pair of steel-toed boots for my dig. I found out today that I'll be digging in Pompeii and they told us to bring a pair of boots, which I obviously don't own (unless you count black, high-heeled boots or brown, equestrian boots not suited for work). So, I went to Wal-Mart and bought these:



I've included this picture of the box, which proves that they are indeed "steel-toed" boots because I'm pretty sure my mom won't believe that I own such shoes.


I suppose its good, to protect my toes and everything from pick-axes and rocks and sharp pieces of ancient art, but they're really uncomfortable and heavy. Honestly, I'd rather be spending 'shoe' money on some other pair of cool shoes, but I guess sometimes you have to do what you have to do. This is definitely going to set back my 'light' packing strategy a bit. oh well.

1 comment: