Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Warning: Do not read this post if you suffer from heart problems, the shock may cause you to collapse

I am going to make this short and sweet: today I shoveled. Like with a big spade or whatever its called, I shoveled dirt from a huge room in Pompeii into wheelbarrows and then moved them and dumped them into another room. AND I sorted through that dirt WITH MY BARE HANDS (okay, that's a lie, I wore work gloves) to separate the dirt from the rocks. It was a very long and very tiring day and we hardly even dug more than three inches. I guess this is what excavating is like...

Anyway, I'm sure my whole family is getting a great laugh out of this right now. Laugh on all of you, laugh on. Don't worry, I will document this at some point because I know you don't believe me.

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when Aaron when to Guatemala and moved rocks from one place to another. I hope you have hand cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think pictures are definitely in order along with a noarized statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred said....

    Mowing lawns is unrelated work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lizzy...you had quite the day. I would really like to this pictures, especially of this adventure. :)
    Hope you are doing well....
    Lots of Love!! ...Jenn

    ReplyDelete