Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack



Alright, I've decided that despite my return to the US I am going to continue blogging. Originally, I was only going to continue this blog while I was in Italy, but I kind of missed writing in it upon my return so I figured I could keep on blogging. I'll begin with a quick recap of my homecoming:

My flight home was filled with about thirty teenagers returning from a summer trip to Europe. That ten hour plane flight convinced me that I DO NOT like teenagers. Just a snippet of that ten hours included thirty teenagers pretending that we were on a roller-coaster every time there was turbulence. Every single time.

I was greeted at the airport by Aaron who true to his word brought me a Diet Coke and a piece of homemade chocolate cake, which I devoured before we even made it out of the parking lot. The next two weeks were filled with lots of errands and sleeping and trying to catch up on real life. Aaron and I then departed on our two week journey to visit our families, first his family in NJ and then mine in NE, where we still are now.

Fear not readers! In all of this I have managed to do some baking. One week, in fact, I baked four dozen cupcakes, a batch of brownies and two mini cakes (I had really missed baking while in Italy). I've also baked two chocolate cakes in the past two weeks and I've just purchased several new cookbooks that I'm itching to try out. Here are a couple of pictures and there are more in flickr, which you can access from the link on the right side of my page.

Top right: butter yellow cake with marshmallow fondant
Bottom Left: Strawberry cake with Strawberry buttercream frosting

Perhaps I will begin including some recipes to make this a quasi food blog....we will see....

2 comments:

  1. You made those top right ones? Did you... did you save any... for me?

    Blogging about desserts! Yessss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a picture of the strawberry cupcakes that I had at your house? Those were unbelievable! Yay baking!

    ReplyDelete