Friday, December 18, 2009

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies, Cookies....



A couple of weeks ago a professor in the department asked if I sold my cookies. I replied "yes" (even though I haven't sold any before, but I'd sure like to!). He then ordered three dozen, we agreed on a price and a date of delivery. Since then, I've made three dozen iced sugar cookies (two dozen Christmas and one dozen Hanukkah) and I'm pretty cookied out for this season.



I really enjoy making these cookies because you can decorate them all kinds of ways, but they take quite a while (five different steps). I'm really happy with the results, however, and if art history doesn't pan out, I can always have a backup career in cookie decorating...




2 comments:

  1. Very nice - I love the snowflakes and the Christmas trees especially. The dark green icing outlined in lighter green looks great. I'm really sorry to be missing you in NJ this week, but I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in business! Congratulations on your first sale and may you have many more. I like the fact that you included all four sides of the dreidle in your decoration.

    ReplyDelete