Tuesday, December 15, 2009

'Tis the Season




The season of holidays!!!! Once Thanksgiving rolls around every year it signals the beginning of the holiday season. I know this is the case for most people, but for my family this is even more true. We have my mom's birthday in early December, my birthday (on December 27 in case you were wondering, although this year I'm thinking of skipping it since I'm turning 25...err 24), Christmas, New Year's, my brother's birthday in late January and we really don't end the party until Valentine's day. Add eight days of Hanukkah into the mix and its basically a constant celebration from late November until early February. This is especially true since my brother and I celebrate Christmas with both families and our birthdays with both families--every holiday in replay. 


To start the season right, Aaron and I decided to invite a few friends over for a Christmas/Hanukkah gathering (or what we like to call the Jesus and Judah party). We got a miniature Christmas tree, but its a bit sparse on the ornaments at this point. I also bought a really pretty poinsettia from one of my professor's daughters as a fundraiser for her school orchestra. We baked some gingerbread men, which you can see featured above as well as some mint cupcakes and other assorted treats. 



No comments:

Post a Comment