Thursday, March 11, 2010

mmmm, chocolate...


For my big return to the baking world during spring break I started with a classic: chocolate cupcakes. how can you really go wrong with these? I must confess, and please do not judge me, that part of the reason I like baking is because I really like cake batter (and brownie batter and cookie dough) and I know that lots of people think this is gross and unhealthy because of uncooked eggs, but I don't really care. I mean, I feel like if the most dangerous thing I do in my life is eat cake batter, then I'm probably okay (knock on wood).

The only problem with this love is that I have a tendency to sometimes underfill my pans or leave just a little extra in the bowl so that I can eat it. Sometimes, once the cake is finished I don't even want to eat it because I'm so full of cake batter. oh my, the troubles.....

anyway, these cakes were pretty basic. I found the recipe in the New York Times Dessert Cookbook and the icing is a chocolate buttercream from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook. Its extra light because it uses melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment