Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pretty, Sparkly Cupcakes


One of Aaron's labmates is having a baby in a matter of weeks or days (or hours, who knows) and I will take any excuse to make cupcakes, so I broke out my cupcake pan this weekend for the occasion. Since she is having a girl I decided to make them slightly pink with sparkly white sprinkles on top.

The cupcakes themselves are the standard chocolate that i always make and the icing is a new seven minute frosting recipe I found. Seven minute frosting is great because it has no butter so it is very light and not too sweet. This one is especially tasty, I think I'll use it again.

Joy the Baker's Seven Minute Frosting

1/2 cup sugar
2 large egg whites
1/4 c. water

Mix all ingredients in a metal bowl over a simmering pot of water. Using an electric mixer, beat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is warm. Remove from heat and mix until thick and fluffy, about seven minutes.

1 comment: