Friday, July 2, 2010

Coconut Milk Fudge



I have a list of recipes to try for my dessert bar and I decided to give this one a whirl this weekend. I liked the looks of this recipe because the process and ingredient list is very simple, but the end result is tiny and pretty. Although they look like chocolate truffles, these are coconut milk fudge--or brigadeiros--covered in various toppings. I think the picture describes them better than my own words.

Coconut Milk Fudge
from smitten kitchen

1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 T. butter
2 t. light corn syrup
finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
ground pistachios
chocolate sprinkles

In a saucepan combine the condensed milk, coconut milk, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and then reduced heat to medium-low. Whisk constantly until the mixture becomes fudgy in consistency. The recipe says this should take 10-15 minutes, but it took me at least thirty and I still think mine was too thin. Pour mixture into a bowl and cool for four hours in the refrigerator.

Once cooled, form the mixture into small, teaspoon sized balls. Roll the balls in the various toppings and place in the tiny cups  (if you have them). These will save at room temp or in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Those would be perfect for the dessert bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, perfect for a dessert bar! And I remember seeing these on smittenkitchen, but I think yours came out even prettier.

    ReplyDelete