Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mini Galettes



As I have made abundantly clear on this blog, I am not a fan of pie, however this summer I have made quite a bit of pie and fruit related dessert because we have had a lot of fruit around from our CSA. This week in particular we received plums, nectarines and blueberries so I decided to make some mini-galettes to use up some of the not-so-perfect fruit (when we get so much, some of it is bound to be a little less than wonderful).

I've made galettes before, but this time I thought mini versions would be a nice alternative because my favorite part is the sugared crust and I just really like mini desserts.

See this post for the crust recipe. This time, instead of using strawberries I used plums, nectarines and blueberries, basically whatever I have sitting around.



Other than these galettes, I've been spending my time chugging away at Italian (ciao ciao!) and doing basically nothing else.

Here is a picture of Joe trying to look innocent, "what me? you think I chewed another hole in the wall??? impossible!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Did he really chew another hole in the wall?? It must be somebody else.

    ReplyDelete