Sunday, October 17, 2010

A New Cook in the Kitchen


The past week (or two weeks?) has just flown by. Aaron and I attended another wedding, took a whirlwind trip to NC and acquired a new sofa in the process. I have also been preparing for two upcoming conferences at which I am presenting papers, the first is this Thursday. Amidst all of this I have pretty much stopped cooking in any capacity. Some mornings I barely manage to pour cereal and milk in a bowl (and just eat cookies instead). Instead, Aaron has been cooking dinner every night and we have been eating some very delicious meals! Chicken and lentils, tandoori chicken, orzo the list goes on and on.

My two favorites of the bunch are probably BLT's and butternut squash gnocchi. We have been eating BLT's a lot lately and I guess they aren't necessarily a blogworthy meal, but they are sooo delicious! (and take only about ten minutes to make). More impressive is the butternut squash gnocchi that Aaron made today. It was truly an endeavor--he started almost as soon as we got home from church this morning and it wasn't finished until 7:30pm. Unfortunately, I was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take any pictures of the finished product, but I can tell you it was worth all the work--very light and full of flavor! Perhaps I will just stay busy forever so Aaron can keep cooking...

2 comments:

  1. that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It indeed DOES look delicious. We should exchange gnocchi recipes. I'll trade you a sweet potato and a buckwheat for your butternut squash!

    ReplyDelete