Sunday, January 8, 2012

New year, new posts (hopefully…)

Looking at the date of my last post (umm…August) I am sad to say that I have not been very good about posting and updating this blog. Unfortunately, this has sort of been the least of my priorities this semester with everything else going on. Plus, I haven't really been cooking or baking. at all. In fact, Aaron has been doing almost all of the cooking for our normal meals. On a rare occasion I will grace the kitchen with my presence, but otherwise my duties are pretty much relegated to boiling pasta, pouring cereal or reheating leftovers. I don't know what the deal is, but I just do not want to cook anymore. Or bake. I have made a few things (obviously, I'm not that mean of a partner), but nothing really fantastic or worth writing about. I've baked a few rounds of cupcakes for various birthdays and some cakes as well, but I haven't done any major projects. Hopefully this new year will change that. We will see.

In other news, i did manage to get a lot of other things accomplished in the last year. I got married, visited two new countries (Spain and Morocco), saw tons of friends I haven't seen since college, and ate an entire princess cake in three days. At school I finished coursework for my PhD, passed my PhD exams, had my dissertation proposal accepted and started working on my research and writing. Right now, in fact, I'm in Italy doing research on the paintings that I study. I also starting working part-time at a great organization at UVA with some really interesting undergraduate students.  I've started running (gasp!), something I actually hate, but I've always felt it is something I should do. I'm sure there is more, but those are the big ones I can think of right now. So, despite my lack of baking and cooking I am pretty happy with what I have done this year.

I will leave you with this picture of Joe. It is slightly belated since it is from Christmas, but it shows him in his favorite new thing, his sweatshirt. He loves it and gets angry when we take it off of him. He even loves to wear the hood. He is so weird.


1 comment: